Why is an accident with an uninsured driver a big problem?
If you’re in a wreck with an uninsured or underinsured driver, you’re not protected. People who have been in a wreck frequently aren’t able to work for some time or face serious, long-term injuries. When a driver is hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist and doesn’t have any uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage of his or her own to pursue, even the best legal team cannot help. In those situations, clients are stuck with impossible medical bills or left unable to pay their mortgages. Those people aren’t able to recover for the pain, mental anguish or impairment that the law allows.
Other related FAQs
- Are there minimum insurance requirements in Texas?
- Do I have to have uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance?
- Do I need to buy vehicle insurance in Texas?
- Does every driver in Texas have insurance?
- Does my insurance company automatically pay my claim if I file a UM/UIM claim?
- How many uninsured/underinsured motorists are there in Texas?
- I got a letter from an insurance company talking about a credit they are entitled to for other payments. What are they talking about?
- I was involved in a car accident recently and was injured. I do not have vehicle insurance. Am I still able to file a claim?
- If I am injured by a hit-and-run driver without insurance or low insurance limits, what happens?
- Is uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance expensive?
- My best friend has uninsured/underinsured coverage and says I should get it. What does that mean?
- My car insurance premiums are pretty high. How does an insurance company decide what it is going to charge me?
- There is quite a significant difference between an underinsured driver and an uninsured driver.
- What is the difference between an uninsured motorist and an underinsured motorist?
- What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?
- Who does the insurance policies cover?
- Why does it matter if I do not have enough insurance?
- Why is an accident with an uninsured driver a big problem?