Uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) motorist insurance is one of the most important types of insurance you can buy. Uninsured/underinsured coverage is insurance that covers injuries and losses as the result of a vehicle collision caused by a driver that does not have insurance or has too little insurance to cover all losses.
This kind of coverage is beneficial because it helps you and your family deal with medical expenses if the at fault driver is underinsured or has no insurance at all. Under Texas law you are not required to buy uninsured/underinsured coverage; however, insurance carriers are required to offer it to you. UM/UIM is a wise purchase to help protect you in case of a car accident.
Other Texas Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage Claim FAQs:
- Are there minimum insurance requirements in Texas?
- Do I have to have uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance?
- Do I need to buy vehicle insurance in Texas?
- Do I need uninsured motorist coverage?
- Does every driver in Texas have insurance?
- Does my insurance company automatically pay my claim if I file a UM/UIM claim?
- How many uninsured/underinsured motorists are there in Texas?
- I got a letter from an insurance company talking about a credit they are entitled to for other payments. What are they talking about?
- I was involved in a car accident recently and was injured. I do not have vehicle insurance. Am I still able to file a claim?
- I’m a good driver. Do I need insurance?
- If I am injured by a hit-and-run driver without insurance or low insurance limits, what happens?
- Is uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance expensive?
- My best friend has uninsured/underinsured coverage and says I should get it. What does that mean?
- My car insurance premiums are pretty high. How does an insurance company decide what it is going to charge me?
- There is quite a significant difference between an underinsured driver and an uninsured driver.
- What is the difference between an uninsured motorist and an underinsured motorist?
- What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?
- Who does the insurance policies cover?
- Why does it matter if I do not have enough insurance?
- Why is an accident with an uninsured driver a big problem?