If I am injured by a hit-and-run driver without insurance or low insurance limits, what happens?
If you are injured by a hit-and-run driver without insurance or low insurance limits, you may file a claim with your auto insurance carrier – a claim referred to as an uninsured (UM) or underinsured claim (UIM). This kind of insurance is usually available to assist you in recouping lost wages and to pay your medical bills.
Other Texas Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage Claim FAQs:
- Are there minimum insurance requirements in Texas?
- Do I have to have uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance?
- Do I need to buy vehicle insurance in Texas?
- Do I need uninsured motorist coverage?
- Does every driver in Texas have insurance?
- Does my insurance company automatically pay my claim if I file a UM/UIM claim?
- How many uninsured/underinsured motorists are there in Texas?
- I got a letter from an insurance company talking about a credit they are entitled to for other payments. What are they talking about?
- I was involved in a car accident recently and was injured. I do not have vehicle insurance. Am I still able to file a claim?
- I’m a good driver. Do I need insurance?
- If I am injured by a hit-and-run driver without insurance or low insurance limits, what happens?
- Is uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance expensive?
- My best friend has uninsured/underinsured coverage and says I should get it. What does that mean?
- My car insurance premiums are pretty high. How does an insurance company decide what it is going to charge me?
- There is quite a significant difference between an underinsured driver and an uninsured driver.
- What is the difference between an uninsured motorist and an underinsured motorist?
- What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?
- Who does the insurance policies cover?
- Why does it matter if I do not have enough insurance?
- Why is an accident with an uninsured driver a big problem?
Holding Wrongdoers Accountable
Learn more about car insurance in Texas and what you can do to avoid common accident claim mistakes with these free resources.