In Texas you can recover most of the losses you sustained due to an injury and may be able to obtain compensation for past and future loss of earning capacity, disfigurement, medical costs, physical limitations, physical pain and mental anguish. Be aware that in any accident there are various state and federal laws in place that may be applicable. Make sure you file your claim before the deadline has passed or you are barred from recovery. Check in with a personal injury lawyer to understand the deadlines, find out what your legal rights are and how to file a lawsuit if that is what you wish to do.
Other Serious Personal Injury FAQs:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- Can I wait to contact a personal injury lawyer?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get my case settled?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- I don’t have a lot of money after my accident how am I going to afford an attorney?
- I don’t have a lot of money and work at a low paying job. How can I possibly afford to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- I was in a bad car accident and sustained serious injuries. Can an attorney help me get compensation for my medical bills?
- What am I supposed to do after being involved in an accident and I am badly injured?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What is the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case in Texas?
- What kind of compensation am I eligible to receive by filing a personal injury claim?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?
- What kinds of damages am I eligible for after an accident?
- What kinds of expenses could I claim after being injured in an accident?