Catastrophic injuries may be caused as a result of any type of physical trauma. There are, however, certain types of accidents that tend to result in these types of injuries more often. Some examples of the types of accidents that may cause such injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents — collisions with large trucks or motorcycles
- Construction accidents
- Pharmacy errors
- Defective medical devices
- Defective consumer products
- Swimming pool accidents
- Near drowning accidents
- Pedestrian/vehicle collisions
Other Serious Personal Injury FAQs:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?