Some personal injury claims have a significant impact on plaintiffs. The definition of a catastrophic injury, is one where the consequences are that the person is permanently injured and can no longer work or maintain a job. Catastrophic physical injuries affect victims on many levels, including emotional, psychological and physical. They also are noted for enormous medical bills. While some victims may be able to retrain to perform another job, a large number have severe cognitive and/or physical impairments preventing them from working.
Common types of catastrophic injuries include, but are not limited to the following:
- Brain injuries
- Multiple bone fractures
- Exposure to hazardous substances
- Severe burns
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
Other Serious Personal Injury FAQs:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- Can I handle my personal injury claim without a lawyer?
- Can I wait to contact a personal injury lawyer?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get my case settled?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- I don’t have a lot of money after my accident how am I going to afford an attorney?
- I don’t have a lot of money and work at a low paying job. How can I possibly afford to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- I was in a bad car accident and sustained serious injuries. Can an attorney help me get compensation for my medical bills?
- Should I accept the settlement offer from the insurance company after my accident?
- What am I supposed to do after being involved in an accident and I am badly injured?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What is a personal injury lawyer and why would I need one?
- What is the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case in Texas?
- What kind of compensation am I eligible to receive by filing a personal injury claim?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?
- What kinds of damages am I eligible for after an accident?
- What kinds of expenses could I claim after being injured in an accident?