It is important to focus first and foremost on your medical care and healing. However, if your accident was the direct result of someone else’s negligence, you need a personal injury attorney to help you file your claim. Negligence that caused an accident and resulted in injuries can typically be dealt with via a settlement conference with the insurer or if that process does not resolve your case and provide a settlement, then the case may be taken to trial.
Do not attempt to file your own claim or deal with any insurance companies. They are not your friend and their first objective is to reduce your claim and try to get you to settle for less than what you are likely to get in a settlement if you have legal counsel or at trial.
Other Serious Personal Injury FAQs:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- Can I wait to contact a personal injury lawyer?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get my case settled?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- I don’t have a lot of money after my accident how am I going to afford an attorney?
- I don’t have a lot of money and work at a low paying job. How can I possibly afford to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- I was in a bad car accident and sustained serious injuries. Can an attorney help me get compensation for my medical bills?
- What am I supposed to do after being involved in an accident and I am badly injured?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What is the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case in Texas?
- What kind of compensation am I eligible to receive by filing a personal injury claim?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?
- What kinds of damages am I eligible for after an accident?
- What kinds of expenses could I claim after being injured in an accident?