What many people do not realize is that attorneys work on a contingency basis. That means you do not pay for your attorney’s representation unless you win your case. The fee for your attorney’s services is usually a percentage of the recovery.
Do not hesitate to contact an attorney after your accident. You should not go up against insurance companies and the other party’s lawyer alone. Keep in mind that insurance companies would rather you settle early and fast for less. Once you settle with an insurance company, the door is closed to obtaining any further compensation if you find out later.
Other Personal Injury Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- Can I handle my personal injury claim without a lawyer?
- Can I still file a personal injury claim even if I was partially at fault?
- Can I wait to contact a personal injury lawyer?
- How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get my case settled?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- I don’t have a lot of money after my accident how am I going to afford an attorney?
- I don’t have a lot of money and work at a low paying job. How can I possibly afford to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- I was in a bad car accident and sustained serious injuries. Can an attorney help me get compensation for my medical bills?
- If I file a personal injury claim, am I entitled to compensation for my injuries?
- Should I accept the settlement offer from the insurance company after my accident?
- What am I supposed to do after being involved in an accident and I am badly injured?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What do comparative fault and the doctrine of proportionate responsibility mean?
- What do I do if the insurance company representative contacts me?
- What is a personal injury lawyer and why would I need one?
- What is the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case in Texas?
- What kind of compensation am I eligible to receive by filing a personal injury claim?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?
- What kinds of damages am I eligible for after an accident?
- What kinds of expenses could I claim after being injured in an accident?
- When are injuries sustained in a car accident considered to be catastrophic?