Victims should avoid dealing with insurance companies. If a victim has just sustained a life altering injury, they need to have an experienced attorney speak for them and control the narrative moving forward. Insurance companies are look to reduce, diminish or deny claims – no matter how serious the claim may be.
It is critical that you do not sign any forms handed to you by anyone right after an accident. If this happens, it could seriously limit your ability to get the fair and equitable compensation you deserve. In general, insurance companies have a set amount of compensation they are willing to offer you, whether it is a very bad accident or not. In most, if not all cases, the offers brought forward are too low to cover costs.
Insurance companies that have to deal with attorneys tend to make much better offers and the victims receive much higher compensation.
Other Serious Personal Injury FAQs:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?