Victims should avoid dealing with insurance companies. If a victim has just sustained a life altering injury, they need to have an experienced attorney speak for them and control the narrative moving forward. Insurance companies are look to reduce, diminish or deny claims – no matter how serious the claim may be.
It is critical that you do not sign any forms handed to you by anyone right after an accident. If this happens, it could seriously limit your ability to get the fair and equitable compensation you deserve. In general, insurance companies have a set amount of compensation they are willing to offer you, whether it is a very bad accident or not. In most, if not all cases, the offers brought forward are too low to cover costs.
Insurance companies that have to deal with attorneys tend to make much better offers and the victims receive much higher compensation.
Other Serious Personal Injury FAQs:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- Can I handle my personal injury claim without a lawyer?
- Can I still file a personal injury claim even if I was partially at fault?
- Can I wait to contact a personal injury lawyer?
- How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get my case settled?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- I don’t have a lot of money after my accident how am I going to afford an attorney?
- I don’t have a lot of money and work at a low paying job. How can I possibly afford to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- I was in a bad car accident and sustained serious injuries. Can an attorney help me get compensation for my medical bills?
- If I file a personal injury claim, am I entitled to compensation for my injuries?
- Should I accept the settlement offer from the insurance company after my accident?
- What am I supposed to do after being involved in an accident and I am badly injured?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What do comparative fault and the doctrine of proportionate responsibility mean?
- What do I do if the insurance company representative contacts me?
- What is a personal injury lawyer and how do I know if I need to hire one?
- What is a personal injury lawyer and why would I need one?
- What is the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case in Texas?
- What kind of compensation am I eligible to receive by filing a personal injury claim?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?
- What kinds of damages am I eligible for after an accident?
- What kinds of expenses could I claim after being injured in an accident?
- When are injuries sustained in a car accident considered to be catastrophic?