Can I handle my personal injury claim without a lawyer?
If there were minor damage and no injuries, you may be able to deal with the insurance company on your own. Be aware that insurance companies aim to protect their bottom line to make money, not spend it on claims. To that end, they attempt to reduce or deny your claim if they can. That means you would not likely get the settlement that you deserve. An experienced personal injury lawyer is trained in negotiating with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve. Only an experienced personal injury attorney can effectively evaluate your claim and assess what it may be worth, according to the severity of your injuries and other details of your collision.
Several factors are considered to determine if a plaintiff has a personal injury case, such as was the other party negligent in some way? Did you sustain serious injuries? Are you going to lose your job or be off work for a long time? Did you lose wages or is your earning capacity going to be reduced?
Texas statutes govern many aspects of a personal injury claim and without involving a skilled personal injury attorney, you may not be able to proceed with your claim and recover the compensation equal with the damages and injuries.
Other Serious Personal Injury FAQs:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- Can I handle my personal injury claim without a lawyer?
- Can I still file a personal injury claim even if I was partially at fault?
- Can I wait to contact a personal injury lawyer?
- How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
- How do you win a personal injury case in Texas?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get my case settled?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- I don’t have a lot of money after my accident how am I going to afford an attorney?
- I don’t have a lot of money and work at a low paying job. How can I possibly afford to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- I was in a bad car accident and sustained serious injuries. Can an attorney help me get compensation for my medical bills?
- If I file a personal injury claim, am I entitled to compensation for my injuries?
- My wife was killed by a drunk driver. Isn’t that a criminal matter? If so, why would I need a personal injury lawyer?
- Should I accept the settlement offer from the insurance company after my accident?
- Should I hire an experienced personal injury attorney after being involved in a serious accident?
- What am I supposed to do after being involved in an accident and I am badly injured?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What do comparative fault and the doctrine of proportionate responsibility mean?
- What do I do if the insurance company representative contacts me?
- What has to be proven in a personal injury case?
- What is a personal injury lawyer and how do I know if I need to hire one?
- What is a personal injury lawyer and why would I need one?
- What is a serious personal injury?
- What is the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case in Texas?
- What kind of compensation am I eligible to receive by filing a personal injury claim?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?
- What kinds of damages am I eligible for after an accident?
- What kinds of expenses could I claim after being injured in an accident?
- What types of personal injury claims are seen in Texas?
- When are injuries sustained in a car accident considered to be catastrophic?
- Why do I need a personal injury lawyer if the insurance company of the person who caused the accident I was in has offered me a settlement?
- Why would I need a personal injury lawyer for a minor accident and minor injuries?