Yes, filing and pursuing a catastrophic injury case is different from other kinds of personal injury cases. First, the impact on the victim’s life is more severe and involves much higher damages. This is due to the serious and on-going nature of such injuries and the necessary medical and recovery care.
Second, verdicts are generally higher in catastrophic injury cases. Higher compensation for medical, emotional and property injury and damages is necessary for a speedy recovery. Furthermore, catastrophic injuries often result in lifelong complications requiring lifelong compensation.
Other Serious Personal Injury FAQs:
- Are catastrophic injury cases different than personal injury lawsuits?
- Can I handle my personal injury claim without a lawyer?
- Can I still file a personal injury claim even if I was partially at fault?
- Can I wait to contact a personal injury lawyer?
- How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
- How does a victim of a catastrophic injury deal with insurance companies?
- How long does it take to get my case settled?
- How long does it take to get results in a catastrophic injury cases?
- I don’t have a lot of money after my accident how am I going to afford an attorney?
- I don’t have a lot of money and work at a low paying job. How can I possibly afford to hire a personal injury lawyer?
- I was in a bad car accident and sustained serious injuries. Can an attorney help me get compensation for my medical bills?
- If I file a personal injury claim, am I entitled to compensation for my injuries?
- Should I accept the settlement offer from the insurance company after my accident?
- What am I supposed to do after being involved in an accident and I am badly injured?
- What are catastrophic injuries?
- What are special and general damages?
- What do I do if the insurance company representative contacts me?
- What is a personal injury lawyer and why would I need one?
- What is the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury case in Texas?
- What kind of compensation am I eligible to receive by filing a personal injury claim?
- What kinds of accidents cause catastrophic injuries?
- What kinds of damages am I eligible for after an accident?
- What kinds of expenses could I claim after being injured in an accident?
- When are injuries sustained in a car accident considered to be catastrophic?