Who are usually the victims of dog bites?
Often, the victims of dog bites are children and the elderly. While injuries form dog bites are minor, some dog bite injuries can be serious and permanent, or even deadly. In addition, the victims of dog bites suffer emotional trauma. Injuries from dog bites may include: puncture wound, nerve damage, bone fractures, hand injuries, fear and anxiety, facial injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder and disfigurement. Any breed of dog can attack. However, most dog attacks occur on private property. Often, these types of attacks are caused by the dog owner’s negligence.
Other Dog Bite FAQs:
- Are dog bites a common occurrence?
- Are dog bites common in Texas?
- Are the dog bite laws the same across Texas?
- Are there some common misconceptions about dog bite liability?
- Can you sue for a dog bite in Texas?
- Do I have to prove that the animal that attacked me is vicious?
- Do I have to prove the dog that attacked me was vicious?
- Do I need to take pictures after being bitten by a dog?
- How is liability for a dog bite established?
- How long does it take for a dog bite case to get to/go through court?
- I think the dog that bit me might have rabies. What do I do now?
- I was bitten by a dog the other day and needed stitches. Who is responsible/liable for the dog biting me?
- My mother witnessed a dog attack and someone said there was a possibility of filing a bystander claim. Is that possible?
- My neighbor’s dog bit me and he accused me of provoking the canine. Does that mean I don’t have a lawsuit?
- What am I supposed to do if I get bitten by a dog?
- What are the most common factors showing a dog owner knew or should have known their animal may be vicious?
- What are the worst injuries sustained during a dog attack?
- What compensation can I recover in a dog bite case?
- What do I do if a dog bites me?
- What happens if a dog not previously regarded as dangerous bites me?
- What is the current law in Texas in regard to dog bites?
- Who are usually the victims of dog bites?
- Who is responsible for paying damages in a dog bite case?
- Who responsible for paying any damages after the dog attack?
Holding Wrongdoers Accountable
Learn more about car insurance in Texas and what you can do to avoid common accident claim mistakes with these free resources.