Are dog bites a common occurrence?
Dog bites and dog attacks happen far more often than people may think. Statistics show that there are approximately 78 million dogs in the United States, and the American Humane Society (AHS) estimates that roughly 4.7 million dog bites happen each year with 800,000 bites requiring medical attention. Approximately 25 percent of fatal dog attacks involve canines that are chained and 24 percent of fatal attacks are the result of dogs running loose.
Other Dog Bite FAQs:
- Are dog bites a common occurrence?
- Are the dog bite laws the same across Texas?
- My mother witnessed a dog attack and someone said there was a possibility of filing a bystander claim. Is that possible?
- What happens if a dog not previously regarded as dangerous bites me?
- Who are usually the victims of dog bites?