Skip to content

What do I do if I have been injured on the job?

First, report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. Usually a verbal report is good enough, but if you can, write out a short note, ensure you have a copy of it, and hand it in. That note may come in handy later. Once you have reported your injury, get medical assistance from a doctor you choose –that is your right. Some employers have company physicians that try to get workers back to work too soon.

Other Workplace Injury FAQs: