Austin Workplace Injury Attorney
If you are injured in an on-the-job accident, you need to speak to a lawyer immediately. Unlike other types of injury claims, on-the-job injuries are affected by the Texas Worker’s Compensation Statutes, and therefore have different rules. Unfortunately, you may unwittingly prejudice yourself and ruin potential claims by accepting different types of benefits your employer offers. If you think your employer was negligent in creating the danger that injured you, do not accept the benefits until you have spoken to a lawyer.
In Texas, on-the-job injuries can be handled in two ways. If your employer has official workers’ compensation insurance, then the claim is governed by the Texas Workers’ Compensation system. We do not handle these cases, but we can refer you to lawyers who work in this area. If your employer does not have workers’ compensation insurance, then you are free to file a normal civil claim. We can help with those claims, and the information below applies to those claims.
Your rights as a worker
You have the right to take a number of actions, not all of which are listed here. As a worker, you can:
1. Ask your employer for information on emergency procedures
2. Get proper safety training when required to handle toxic substances
3. Learn how to follow an emergency plan in the event of an incident
4. Ask an Area Director to investigate dangerous conditions/violations at your jobsite
5. Have your name withheld if you file a complaint
6. Receive information from OSHA if you have filed a complaint and take part in an informal review of any decisions not to issue a citation or to conduct an inspection
7. Have a worker’s representative walk with an OSHA compliance officer on inspections
8. Object to any abatement period issued in a citation to your employer
LEARN MORE ABOUT WORKPLACE INJURIES:
If I should ever need any legal help, you will be the first person I will call. Thanks again for all the help.
FREE CONSULTATIONS. NO FEE UNLESS YOU WIN
This time of year, parents are worried about dangerous candy, but the biggest danger to our kids is cars. Halloween is almost always the most deadly day of the year for child pedestrian accidents, and the third deadliest day for pedestrian deaths overall. According to AAA, children are 3 times more likely to be in…