Is there a common type of fatal pedestrian accident?
Yes, there is a most common type of fatal pedestrian accident. Over 85 percent of pedestrians killed were struck by the front of a vehicle. However, in the case of an accident involving a large truck or bus, the pedestrian is more likely to be hit on the left or right side or by the rear of the vehicle.
There are a number of laws in Texas aimed at protecting pedestrians from negligent drivers. If you have been the victim of a pedestrian accident, seek legal advice to determine your rights.
Other Auto-Pedestrian Accident FAQs:
- Are there remedies available for victims of car accidents involving pedestrians?
- Is distracted driving, and distracted walking a factor in pedestrian and vehicle fatal accidents?
- Is there a common type of fatal pedestrian accident?
- Two of my friends have been in a car accident with pedestrians. Are these kinds of accidents common?
- What are the causes of pedestrian traffic deaths?
- What are the common factors in pedestrian accident deaths?
- Who is more at risk as a pedestrian to be struck and possibly seriously injured or killed?
Holding Wrongdoers Accountable
Learn more about car insurance in Texas and what you can do to avoid common accident claim mistakes with these free resources.