Is there a common type of fatal pedestrian accident?
Yes, there is a most common type of fatal pedestrian accident. Over 85 percent of pedestrians killed were struck by the front of a vehicle. However, in the case of an accident involving a large truck or bus, the pedestrian is more likely to be hit on the left or right side or by the rear of the vehicle.
There are a number of laws in Texas aimed at protecting pedestrians from negligent drivers. If you have been the victim of a pedestrian accident, seek legal advice to determine your rights.
Other Auto-Pedestrian Accident FAQs:
- Are there remedies available for victims of car accidents involving pedestrians?
- Is distracted driving, and distracted walking a factor in pedestrian and vehicle fatal accidents?
- Is there a common type of fatal pedestrian accident?
- Two of my friends have been in a car accident with pedestrians. Are these kinds of accidents common?
- What are the causes of pedestrian traffic deaths?
- What are the common factors in pedestrian accident deaths?
- Who is more at risk as a pedestrian to be struck and possibly seriously injured or killed?