Is distracted driving, and distracted walking a factor in pedestrian and vehicle fatal accidents?
Yes, there is a correlation between pedestrian deaths and distracted driving and walking. In fact, researchers at the University of Nebraska Medical Center revealed that the number of pedestrians killed by distracted drivers jumped nearly 50 percent between 2005 and 2010. It is expected that the percentage of those killed is set to increase even more due to texting while driving.
Other Auto-Pedestrian Accident FAQs:
- Are there remedies available for victims of car accidents involving pedestrians?
- Is distracted driving, and distracted walking a factor in pedestrian and vehicle fatal accidents?
- Is there a common type of fatal pedestrian accident?
- Two of my friends have been in a car accident with pedestrians. Are these kinds of accidents common?
- What are the causes of pedestrian traffic deaths?
- What are the common factors in pedestrian accident deaths?
- Who is more at risk as a pedestrian to be struck and possibly seriously injured or killed?
Holding Wrongdoers Accountable
Learn more about car insurance in Texas and what you can do to avoid common accident claim mistakes with these free resources.