Are there remedies available for victims of car accidents involving pedestrians?
Yes. If you are a pedestrian and involved in a car accident involving a pedestrian that is caused by the car driver, the victims may have a couple of different remedies. A victim of such accident can make a claim against the car driver and the driver’s insurance company. If the car driver has purchased uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on their own auto insurance policy, that coverage will also protect them in a car accident involving a pedestrian.
Other Auto-Pedestrian Accident FAQs:
- Are there remedies available for victims of car accidents involving pedestrians?
- Is distracted driving, and distracted walking a factor in pedestrian and vehicle fatal accidents?
- Is there a common type of fatal pedestrian accident?
- Two of my friends have been in a car accident with pedestrians. Are these kinds of accidents common?
- What are the causes of pedestrian traffic deaths?
- What are the common factors in pedestrian accident deaths?
- Who is more at risk as a pedestrian to be struck and possibly seriously injured or killed?
Holding Wrongdoers Accountable
Learn more about car insurance in Texas and what you can do to avoid common accident claim mistakes with these free resources.