Skip to content

Am I supposed to call the police if I have been involved in a car accident?

Yes, always make certain to call the police if you have been involved in a collision. This is even more important if you have been in an accident where there are serious injuries and substantial vehicle damage.

Do not settle on the spot with another driver if you have been in a minor fender bender. Go to your doctor and speak to a lawyer. Just because the accident was minor does not mean you do not have unseen injuries that may crop up later.

Make sure you get the badge number and name of any police officials present at the scene of your accident to ensure you get a copy of the accident report. Even if the accident seems minor and there are no major injuries, wait for the police to get there. The information they gather can play a major part in any claim against the other driver.

Other Auto Accident FAQs:

Holding Wrongdoers Accountable

Learn more about car insurance in Texas and what you can do to avoid common accident claim mistakes with these free resources.


Brooks Schuelke was a huge asset. I wholeheartedly endorse Mr.Schuelke without a moment's hesitation.

-Sara Hickman