One option you have is to try and sue the uninsured driver. However, if they do not have enough money to pay a settlement the case is not likely to succeed. Thus, it is important to contact an experienced car accident attorney to find out what your legal rights are before assuming you do not have a case.
Other Auto Accidents: Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist FAQs:
- Does uninsured/underinsured insurance cover hit and run accidents?
- Does Your UM/UIM Insurance Cover You While Riding A Bicycle Or Walking?
- I was involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. What happens now?
- What Happens If I’m Hit By An Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist While In Someone Else’s Car?
- What is Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage?