Personal injury attorneys are seeing more and more car wreck cases caused by people (primarily teens or people in their twenties) who are texting while driving (in fact, a lot of my time lately has been spent working on just such a case).
It’s such a problem that I’ve devoted a number of posts to the subject. They include:
- Oprah Takes On Distracted Driving
- Another Story On Texting And Driving
- Auto Accidents & Text Messaging (a resource page containing a number of links)
- In Study of Truck Drivers, Texting While Driving Proves To Substantially Increase Wreck Risks
- More Studies Confirm Texting While Driving Is Worse Than Driving Drunk
- Text Messaging (and Twittering) While Driving (another resource page with links)
Now, my friend Steve Lombardi, a Des Moines, Iowa injury lawyer, is getting in on the action. Yesterday, he had a great post on Texting While Driving – A Deadly Combination. Steve has some great thoughts on the risk, but what I really like about his posts are the embedded videos. This is a problem where the public service announcements that are coming out are really more powerful than either of us could write. Take a moment to stop by Steve’s blog to check out the videos. You won’t be disappointed.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car wreck, order our free book, Holding Wrongdoers Accountable: Avoiding Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Texas Accident Claim.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
20 Years OF TRUST
For 20 years, our personal injury clients have trusted us to help get them the benefits they deserve.