According to the study:
- 61% of drivers surveyed admitted that they text and drive
- 33% admitted emailing while driving
- 28% admitted surfing the internet while driving
- 27% admitted using Facebook while driving
- 17% admitted snapping a photo or selfie while driving
- 14% admitted using Twitter while driving
- 14% admitted using Instagram while driving
- 12% admitted shooting video while driving
- 11% admitted using Snapchat while driving
- 10% admitted using video chat while driving
This is obviously a concerning trend. As we find more and more uses for smartphones, it appears that we’re also creating more and more ways to drive in a distracted manner.
That’s bad news for all of us.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
20 Years OF TRUST
For 20 years, our personal injury clients have trusted us to help get them the benefits they deserve.