The most common problems after a traumatic brain injury involve the inability to access memories, issues with learning old and new information, over-stimulation, an inability to filter issues affecting them, difficulty paying attention, a decreased ability to solve problems and the complete or partial loss of executive thinking skills.
Some of these issues may resolve over time, and others may require ongoing therapy and rehabilitation.
Other Brain Injury FAQs
- Are concussions a form of brain injury?
- Are concussions a form of brain injury? My son plays a lot of football and hockey.
- Are traumatic brain injuries common?
- Brain Injury Symptoms — Blog Series
- Do the airbags and seat belts car manufacturers install in vehicles help prevent or minimize traumatic brain injury sustained in a collision?
- Does everyone go through the same therapy to recover from traumatic brain injury?
- How are brain injuries rated by doctors?
- How Can A Head Injury Be Treated?
- How do people with brain trauma recover?
- I was hit by an 18-wheeler and diagnosed with, among other things, traumatic brain injury. Would I be able to file a lawsuit?
- I was involved in a car accident recently and sustained a severe concussion. The doctor says it’s often called a silent epidemic or injury and I may have trouble suing for compensation because no one can see my injury. Does that affect my lawsuit?
- If a person sustains a severe traumatic brain injury, how much functional ability can he or she recover?
- Is traumatic brain injury a common occurrence in vehicle accidents?
- My doctor says I have a brain stem injury. What does that mean?
- My doctor says my husband will have neurobehavioral problems after his head trauma. What does that mean?
- Other than emotional and mental changes in my behavior, are there physical changes as well?
- What Are The Effects Of A Brain Injury?
- What Is A Brain Injury?
- What is the most common cause for a traumatic brain injury?
- What kinds of cognitive problems may present themselves in a person with traumatic brain injury?
- What types of injuries can cause traumatic brain injury?