According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, over 2.5 million people are injured and over 40,000 killed each year on our nation’s roadways. Sadly, Texas accounts for almost ten percent of the nation’s fatalities from auto accidents and car wrecks.
Don’t Let An Innocent Mistake Ruin Your Accident Claim
Know about your rights and the stages of an injury claim.
We are tired of seeing car wreck victims being taken advantage of by insurance companies, medical providers, and other lawyers. That’s why we’re doing what we can to help you avoid those problems.
First, we’ve written our FREE book HOLDING WRONGDOERS ACCOUNTABLE: Avoiding Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Accident Claim. We want you to have this information even if you don’t intend to hire a lawyer (and the book even discusses when you might be better off without a lawyer) or if you have already hired another lawyer. So if you or a friend or a loved one has been injured in a car wreck, please order a copy of this book.
Second, we’ve provided a lot of helpful information on this website. For example, our car wreck video series answers a number of typical questions that arise in car wreck cases. Take a few minutes to watch those. We also have tips on resolving your property damage claims, information on personal injury protection and uninsured motorist coverage, tips for being a good client to help handle the claim, and information on the general steps in a personal injury claim.
We would love the opportunity to help you
At Perlmutter & Schuelke, PLLC we have successfully represented numerous individuals in auto accident claims. Unlike many attorneys who handle a high volume of car wrecks in a “mill” practice, we strive to represent only a few individuals and provide them the best service possible. And we also strive to stay on top of the law. Car wreck litigation features a number of surprising complications, and you want an attorney that knows, for instance, the latest arguments in the “paid and incurred” fight, what arguments best support extra-contractual damages in uninsured/underinsured motorist litigation, and what arguments can best be used to minimize any subrogration liens out there.
To find out more about the process, please call us for a consultation (512-476-4944) or fill out the “Quick Case Inquiry” form on this site. Otherwise, to help you understand this process, we have included links to several pieces of information.
The information provided on this website by Perlmutter & Schuelke , PLLC, in Austin, Texas is intended as a public service and to give you an idea of some of the issues you may encounter. This information is by no means complete, is designed to apply only in the State of Texas, and does not replace the advice of an attorney. Before taking action or relying upon any information provided in this website, you are advised to talk to an attorney. Perlmutter & Schuelke, PLLC, is not establishing an attorney-client relationship through this information or their website.
For more information on auto accidents, check out our additional pages:
- A big rig hit me, and police are citing the trucker and saying it was his fault. What are my rights?
- Auto Accidents & Text Messaging
- I immediately notified my insurance company about an accident that I was involved in. What else am I supposed to do?
- I was in an accident that broke my pelvis in several places and need more than one operation to be able to walk again. My husband was the driver and he was at fault for the accident. Can I sue him?
- I was involved in a bad accident that sent several people to the hospital. The crash was my fault. Am I entitled to any compensation?
- I was involved in a car accident and broke my leg and several ribs and need surgery. Do I need an attorney to help me get compensation for my medical bills?
- I was the victim of a driver who fled the scene of the accident. The police have no idea who the individual was. May I claim compensation?
- Personal Injury Protection and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Property Damage Video FAQs
- Resolving Your Property Damage Claim
- Texting While Driving
- Who Needs PIP and UM/UIM Coverage?